Iceland's Ring Road Trips - West Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
West Iceland offers everything from windswept beaches and historic villages to awe-inspiring volcanic and glacial terrain in one neat little package.
- step back into Saga times at the fascinating Settlement Centre
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- hike out to Glymur, Iceland’s tallest waterfall
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- wrap up your Ring Road adventure in stylish Reykjavík
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Borgarnes, Hafnarfjall, Hvalfjörður, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Reykjavík and Upper Borgarbyggð.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.