Iceland's Ring Road Trips - The Golden Circle & the Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Golden Circle & the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
From black-sand Atlantic beaches, spouting geysers and glacier-fed waterfalls to brooding volcanoes and glittering ice caps, this remarkable region is waiting to awe you.
- marvel at black basalt columns, sea stacks and rocky buttes of Reynisfjara
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- ooh and aah as water shoots skywards from the earth at Geysir
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- pose for photos at Sólheimajökull’s sparkling glacier tongue
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Þingvellir, Laugarvatn, Geysir, Gullfoss, Flúðir, Hvolsvöllur, Þjórsárdalur, Skógar, Vestmannaeyjar islands, Vík, Reynisfjara and Sólheimajökull.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map