Iceland's Ring Road Trips - Southeast Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
The mighty Vatnajökull ice cap dominates the Southeast, its huge rivers of frozen ice pouring down steep-sided valleys towards the sea, like icing on a cake. Vistas are vast and otherworldly.
- explore Skaftafell, the jewel in the crown of Vatnajökull National Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- boat around the ice sculptures of a captivating lagoon at Jökulsárlón
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take a hair-raising snowmobile ride along Route F985, 840m above sea level
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Fjaðrárgljúfur, Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Lómagnúpur, Skeiðarársandur, Skaftafell, Ingólfshöfði, Vatnajökull National Park, Fjallsárlón, Jökulsárlón, Hali, Route F985, Heinabergsjökull, Hólmur, Hoffellsjökull and Höfn.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.