Iceland's Ring Road Trips - Road Trip Essentials (PDF Chapter)
This is the Road Trip Essentials chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
Getting the basics right – from hiring a vehicle to knowing the road rules – is a must for any road trip. This chapter contains all you need to know before you go, plus some handy hints for while you’re on the road.
- information on hiring a car or bringing your own
- tips on insurance, road rules and driving licenses
- information on accommodation, visas and travellers with disabilities
- handy language guide
Coverage includes: Iceland Driving Guide, Iceland Travel Guide, Getting There & Away, Directory A–Z and Icelandic Language.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.