Iceland's Ring Road Trips - North Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
Iceland’s magnificent north is a nature-lover’s dream. A wonderland of moonlike lava fields, belching mudpots, epic waterfalls, snowcapped peaks and whale-filled bays – this is Iceland at its best.
- discover northern Iceland’s version of city living in Akureyri
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- hold your nose and crunch gingerly through the alien landscapes of Hverir
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- wander around lava fields, craters and evidence of geological turmoil in Mývatn
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Tröllaskagi, Akureyri, Goðafoss, Mývatn, Reykjahlíð, Krafla, Möðrudalur, Húsavík, Dettifoss, Hverir, Mývatn Nature Baths, Askja, Varmahlíð, Grímsey, Glaumbær, Hvammstangi and Staðarskáli.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map