Iceland's Ring Road Trips - East Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the East Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
As far as you can get from Reykjavík, Iceland’s sparsely populated east doesn’t announce itself as loudly as other parts of the country, preferring subtle charms over big-ticket attractions.
- savour the slow living, artistic flavour of Djúpivogur
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find black-sand beaches, moody mountain backdrops and a Viking film set in Stokksnes
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- escape to lakeshore diversions or arty fjord towns near Egilsstaðir
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Stokksnes, Djúpivogur, Papey, Berunes, Breiðdalsvík, Breiðdalur, Seyðisfjörður and Egilsstaðir.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.