Iceland's Ring Road Road Trips - Road Trip Essentials (PDF Chapter)
This is the Road Trip Essentials chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland’s Ring Road guidebook.
Getting the basics right – from hiring a vehicle to knowing the road rules – is a must for any road trip. This chapter contains all you need to know before you go, plus some handy hints for while you’re on the road.
- information on hiring a car or bringing your own
- tips on insurance, road rules and driving licenses
- information on accommodation, visas and travellers with disabilities
- handy language guide
Coverage includes: Driving Guide, Iceland Travel Guide, Getting There & Away, Directory A–Z and Icelandic Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.