Iceland - West Iceland (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the West Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
Geographically close to Reykjavík, yet far, far away in sentiment, West Iceland (Vesturland) is a splendid microcosm of what Iceland has to offer. Yet many tourists have missed the memo, and you’re likely to have remote parts of this wonderful region to yourself.
- tramp through crunchy lava fields, along windswept coastlines, and over Snæfellsjökull, the icy heart of magical Snæfellsjökull National Park
- wander past charming chocolate-box houses in buzzy Stykkishólmur
- follow seabirds past trailside crags on the slender trail east from Hellnar to Arnarstapi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hvalfjörður, Akranes, Borgarbyggð, Borgarnes & Around, Upper Borgarfjörður, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Stykkishólmur & Around, Grundarfjörður & Around, Ólafsvík, Rif, Hellissandur, Snæfellsjökull National Park, Southern Snæfellsnes, Dalir, Eiríksstaðir, Búðardalur, Laugar.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.