Iceland - West Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
Geographically close to Reykjavík, yet far, far away in sentiment, West Iceland (known as Vesturland) West Iceland offers everything from windswept beaches to historic villages and awe-inspiring terrain in one neat little package.
- tramp through crunchy lava fields, along windswept coastlines, and over Snæfellsjökull in Snæfellsjökull National Park
- wander past charming chocolate-box houses in the buzzy harbour town of Stykkishólmur
- follow seabirds on coastal walks past trailside crags on the slender trail east from Hellnar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hvalfjörður, Akranes, Borgarbyggð, Borgarnes & Around, Upper Borgarfjörður, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Stykkishólmur, Grundarfjörður, Ólafsvík, Rif, Hellissandur, Snæfellsjökull National Park, Southern Snæfellsnes, Dalir, Eiríksstaðir, Búðardalur, Hjarðarholt & Around and Laugar.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.