Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Iceland - Understand Iceland and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history: vikings and volcanic eruptions, pirates and penury, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on glittering glaciers, bubbling mudpots and lava galore: Iceland’s unearthly landscape explained
- info on tourist statistics and salient views, served up in a nutshell
- full coverage of chart-topping reputation for peace and gender equality – plus innate resilience, creativity and a firm belief in ‘Þetta reddast’
- details on the new Nordic influence and farm-fresh produce – discover a cuisine that reaches far beyond its infamous freaky flavours
Coverage includes: Iceland Today: Tourism Boom, Tourism Repercussions, Protecting Iceland and Political Hi-jinks, History: Early Travellers & Irish Monks, The Vikings are Coming!, Assembling the Alþingi, Anarchy & the Sturlung Age, Enter the Danes, Even More Misery, Return to Independence, WWII & the USA Moves In, Modern Iceland and Financial Crisis & Beyond, Natural Wonders: Volatile Iceland, Wildlife, National Parks & Reserves, Enegy Agendas and The Impact of Tourism on Nature, Icelandic Culture: Literature, Music, Cinema & Television, Painting & Sculpture and Architecture & Design, Icelandic Attitudes: ’Þetta reddast’ & the National Psyche, Work Hard, Play Hard, Women in Iceland, Religious Beliefs and Icelandic Ancestry & Genetic Research, Icelandic Cuisine: Food Heritage, Staples & Specialities, Drinks, Where to Eat & Drink and Vegetarians & Vegans, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.