Iceland - Understand Iceland and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Iceland Today, History, Natural Wonders, Icelandic Culture, Ice-landic Attitudes, Icelandic Cuisine, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, geology and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Icelandic culture, from medieval manuscripts to offbeat pop
- info on Iceland’s glittering glaciers, bubbling mudpots and other geological wonders
- full coverage of Vikings, volcanoes and the rest of the country’s turbulent past
- details on new-Nordic cuisine and the best of Iceland’s flavours
Coverage includes: Iceland Today, History, Natural Wonders, Icelandic Culture, Icelandic Attitudes, Icelandic Cuisine, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.