Iceland - The Westfjords (PDF Chapter)
This is the Westfjords chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
The Westfjords is where Iceland’s dramatic landscapes come to a riveting climax and where mass tourism disappears – only about 10% of Iceland’s visitors ever see the region. Jagged bird cliffs and broad multihued dream beaches flank the south.
- explore an ethereal rosy beach and azure lagoon while looking for basking seals at Rauðasandur
- rove saw-cliffs and spy on Arctic foxes in Hornstrandir Nature Reserve
- let the mists of majestic Dynjandi swirl around you as you climb its dizzying cascades
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South Coast, Reykhólar, Flókalundur, Brjánslækur, SouthwestPeninsulas, Látrabjarg Peninsula, Patreksfjörður, Tálknafjörður, Bíldudalur, Central Peninsulas, Dynjandi & Around, Þingeyri, Dýrafjörður, Önundarfjörður, Flateyri, Suðureyri, Ísafjörður, Bolungarvík, Ísafjarðardjúp, Hornstrandir, Strandir Coast, Staðarskáli to Hólmavík, Hólmavík, Drangsnes, Bjarnarfjörður, Reykjarfjörður, Norðurfjörður.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.