Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Iceland - The Highlands (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the The Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
You may have travelled the Ring Road thinking that Iceland is light on towns; that sheep seem to outnumber people; that you haven’t encountered an N1 service station for many a mile. Well, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
- hike across the Askja lava field, drink in the caldera views, then soak in the waters of Víti crater
- marvel at icy sculptures hidden in the geothermal caves at Kverkfjöll
- pay homage to the Queen of the Mountains at Herðubreið
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kjölur Route, Sprengisandur Route, Askja Route and Kverkfjöll Route.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.