Iceland - Southwest Iceland & the Golden Circle (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest Iceland & the Golden Circle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
Black beaches stretch along the Atlantic, geysers spout from geothermal fields and waterfalls glide across escarpments while brooding volcanoes and glittering ice caps score the inland horizon. The beautiful Southwest has many of Iceland’s most legendary natural wonders.
- see the continental plates part at historic Þingvellir National Park
- marvel at black basalt columns, sea stacks and rocky buttes in Reynisfjara, near buzzy Vík
- camp in the lush kingdom of Þórsmörk surrounded by brooding glaciers
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Reykjanes Peninsula, Blue Lagoon, Keflavík & Njarðvík (Reykjanesbær), Northwestern Reykjanes, Southwestern Reykjanes, Grindavík, Reykjanesfólkvangur National Park, The Golden Circle, Þingvellir National Park, Laugarvatn, Geysir, Gullfoss,, Hveragerði & Around, Þorlákshöfn, Eyrarbakki, Stokkseyri, Flóahreppur, Selfoss, Western Þjórsárdalur, Eastern Þjórsárdalur, Hella & Around, Hvolsvöllur & Around, Skógar, Landmannalaugar, Laugavegurinn Hike, Þórsmörk, Vík, East of Vík, Vestmannaeyjar and Heimaey.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.