Iceland - Southeast Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
The 200km stretch of Ring Road from Kirkjubæjarklaustur to Höfn is truly mind-blowing, transporting you across vast deltas of grey glacial sand, past lost-looking farms, around the toes of craggy mountains, and by glacier tongues and ice-filled lagoons.
- admire the ever-changing ice sculptures at the bewitching Jökulsárlón lagoon
- visit Iceland’s favourite national-park pocket, Skaftafell, an area of green amid icy masses and vast sand deltas
- stride up Laki for views of three glaciers and an incredible history lesson
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kirkjubæjarklaustur & Around, Lakagígar, The Sandar, Skaftafell (Vatnajökull National Park – South), Jökulsárlón and Höfn.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.