Iceland - Reykjavik (PDF Chapter)
This is the Reykjavík chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
The world’s most northerly capital combines colourful buildings, quirky, creative people, eye-popping design, wild nightlife and a capricious soul. Add a backdrop of snow-topped moun-tains, churning seas and crystal-clear air, and the chances are you’ll fall helplessly in love.
- explore historic Old Reykjavík and shop in Laugavegur
- learn about Iceland’s fascinating history at the National Museum
- hit the museums, microbrewery and restaurants in the Old Harbour
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Greater Reykjavík.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.