Iceland - East Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the East Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Iceland guidebook.
The Eastfjords is this area’s most wondrous destination – the scenery is particularly spectac-ular around the northern fjord villages, backed by sheer-sided mountains etched with waterfalls. If the weather’s fine, days spent hiking here may be some of your most memorable in Ice-land.
- arrive in Iceland in style by sailing up a lovely, long fjord to bohemian Seyðisfjörður
- hike magical trails, looking for the hidden people, and snap photos of puffin posses in tiny Borgarfjörður Eystri
- tour Lagarfljót’s forested lake shores while looking for sea monsters
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Inland, Egilsstaðir, Lagarfljót, Eastern Highlands, The Eastfjords, Borgarfjörður Eystri, Seyðisfjörður, Mjóifjörður, Reyðarfjörður, Eskifjörður, Neskaup-staður, Fáskrúðsfjörður, Stöðvarfjörður, Breiðdalsvík, Breiðdalur, Berufjörður, Djúpivogur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.