Honolulu, Waikiki & O'ahu - Pearl Harbor & Leeward O'ahu (PDF Chapter)
Pearl Harbor has a resonance for all Americans. The site of the December 7, 1941 attack that brought the US into WWII is accessible, evocative and moving. It’s the top site for visitors to Ha-waii.
- pause to honor more than 1000 sailors who lost their lives on the USS Arizona during the Pearl Harbor attack
- surf the towering waves in winter, or snorkel and swim in summer, at Makaha Beach Park
- hike a mere 5 miles along the Ka‘ena Point Trail to see the Pacific Ocean at its wildest and visit the furthest western point on O‘ahu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pearl Harbor, ‘Aiea, Leeward O‘ahu, Kapolei Area, Ko Olina, Wai‘anae Coast, Ka‘ena Point.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.