Honolulu, Waikiki & O'ahu - North Shore & Central O'ahu (PDF Chapter)
You don’t have to be a surfer to have heard of the North Shore; the epic breaks here are known worldwide. But there is more to this coast than monster waves. The beaches are gorgeous year-round and perfect for swimming in summer.
- admire the picture-perfect beach at Waimea Bay Beach Park; the waves are massive in winter
- see the honu (green sea turtles) relaxing on Laniakea Beach
- enjoy the surf city of Hale‘iwa, the North Shore’s only real townlife
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Turtle Bay, Sunset Beach to Hale‘iwa, Pupukea, Hale‘iwa, Waialua, Mokule‘ia to Ka‘ena Point, Central O‘ahu, Wahiawa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.