Hong Kong - Wan Chai & Northeast Hong Kong Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wan Chai & Northeast Hong Kong Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Wan Chai is Hong Kong distilled: a towering, tireless showcase of the old and new, arts and folk traditions, people upon people, and a god of cookery. To its west, Admiralty is home to mind-blowing hill and sea views.
- uncover heritage architecture in the Blue House Cluster around Queen’s Rd East, along-side hipster bars, temples, wet markets and open-air bazaars.
- feel your adrenalin soar at Happy Valley Racecourse on a Wednesday night, beer in hand
- trawl through Fashion Walk for designer fashion among the hordes of teeny-boppers in Causeway Bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout