Hong Kong - Understand Hong Kong and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This chapter contains the Hong Kong Today, History, Arts, Cinema, Architecture, Religion & Belief, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and cinema to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the issues facing Hong Kong today
- info on arts, architecture and Hong Kong’s cultural landscape
- full coverage of Hong Kong’s history, and its rise to become one of the world’s richest cit-ies
- details on religion and belief, from Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism to Christianity
Coverage includes: Hong Kong Today, History, Arts, Cinema, Architec-ture, Religion & Belief, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.