Hong Kong - The Peak & Northwest Hong Kong Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Peak & Northwest Hong Kong Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.Soaring Victoria Peak is Hong Kong’s most alluring attraction and offers a great vantage point from which to gaze back on the city. Down below, the charming old neighbourhoods of Sheung Wan, Sai Ying Pun and Kennedy Town are slowly gentrifying.
- take the white-knuckle ascent to Victoria Peak on the Peak Tram for views and strolls around the summit
- stroll the streets of Sheung Wan to uncover the fascinating history of 19th-century Hong Kong
- forage for Hong Kong–designed jewellery, clothes and homewares at PMQ, a huge herit-age site with coffee, cocktails and art
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.