*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Hong Kong - Outlying Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Outlying Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best outlying islands, each offering unique insights into Hong Kong. Must-sees include laid-back Lamma and the unmissable Big Buddha on Lantau.
- Lamma is the quickest island escape from downtown Hong Kong, laid-back Lamma exudes a bohemian charm and is home to many a commuter who prefers more space and greenery.
- Lantau is the largest of the islands and boasts bountiful sights and recreational possibilities: country parks, hiking trails, fishing villages, beaches, monasteries and the unmissable Big Buddha.
- Cheung Chau is a bustling isle with seafood, seafaring culture, great windsurfing beaches and temples dedicated to water deities. The annual Bun Festival is a highlight.
Coverage includes: Lamma, Lantau and Cheung Chau.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.