Hong Kong - New Territories (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Territories chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
This chapter includes the very best New Territories, each offering unique insights into Hong Kong. Must-sees include the monasteries of Tsuen Wan and the lively markets of Tai Po.
- Tsuen Wan is home to some of Hong Kong’s most important monasteries.
- Yuen Long has Hong Kong Wetland Park, laid-back Pak Nai and old walled villages.
- Fanling & Sheung Shui is heaven for history buffs, with fortified villages and historic ruins.
- Tai Po has lively markets and temples, plus an encyclopaedia of flora and fauna.
- Plover Cove is where you go to hike, hike, hike or bike, bike, bike!
Coverage includes: Tsuen Wan, Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Fanling & Sheung Shui, Tai Po, Plover Cove, Sha Tin, Sai Kung Peninsula and Clearwater Bay Peninsula.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.