Hong Kong - Kowloon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kowloon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Tsim Sha Tsui is endowed with marvellous museums, an unbeatable harbour setting and all the superlatives of Central on a more human scale. Indigenous Yau Ma Tei is old Hong Kong at its most captivating: neon, night markets, guesthouses and martial-arts dens.
- see the Hong Kong skyline ablaze at nightly the Symphony of Lights on both sides of Vic-toria Harbour
- enjoy scones and a cup of Earl Grey in the palatial Peninsula lobby, while serenaded by a string quartet
- soak up the intoxicating mix of commerce, culture and street food at Temple Street Night Market, Hong Kong’s liveliest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.