Hong Kong - Kowloon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kowloon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Tsim Sha Tsui is endowed with an unbeatable harbour setting, four museums and all the superlatives Central has to offer on a more human scale. There are also leafy parks, colonial gems and the most diverse ethnic mix in the city.
- watch the kitschy but impressive Symphony of Lights light show against the backdrop of Victoria Harbour
- enjoy scones and a cup of Earl Grey in the lobby of the elegant Jazz Age Peninsula hotel, as a string quartet saws away
- take in the intoxicating mix of sights, sounds and smells at the lively Temple Street Night Market
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Kowloon, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.