*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Hong Kong - Hong Kong Island: Wan Chai & the Northeast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hong Kong Island: Wan Chai & the Northeast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Versatile Wan Chai is a showcase of the arts and folk traditions, and a god of cookery.You’ll also find here some better examples of Hong Kong’s preservation efforts.
- comb the streets around Queen’s Rd East and Johnston Rd for heritage architecture like the Viva Blue House cluster, where you’ll also find temples, hipster bars, wet markets and open-air bazaars
- feel your adrenaline soar at the urban Happy Valley Racecourse on a Wednesday night, beer in hand
- experience culture, history and gastronomy at the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware and its resident restaurant, Lock Cha Tea Shop
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Wan Chai & the Northeast, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.