*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Hong Kong - Hong Kong Island: The Peak & the Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hong Kong Island: The Peak & the Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Begin by exploring Sheung Wan’s old neighbourhoods in the morning when the temples and the dried seafood shops get into full swing. Sample some local fare before heading to Hollywood Rd to browse the antique shops and art galleries.
- take the white-knuckle ascent to Victoria Peak on the Peak Tram for night views from the summit
- stroll the streets of Sheung Wan to uncover the fascinating history of 19th-century Hong Kong
- bar-hop your way over the inviting slopes of Lan Kwai Fong or ‘LKF’, as it’s known to local party animals, the centre of Hong Kong Island’s bar scene
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: the Peak & the Northwest, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.