*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Hong Kong - Hong Kong Island: Central (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hong Kong Island: Central chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
The minted heart of Asia’s financial hub comes replete with corporate citadels, colonial relics and massive monuments to consumerism. You’ll find the stock exchange, the Four Seasons, Prada and award-winning restaurants. Dynamic during the day, it retires soon after sundown.
- cruise on the iconic mid-century green-and-white Star Ferry that crosses Victoria Harbour all day and into the night
- get personal with the skyscrapers you saw in The Dark Knight by checking out buildings like the Bank of China Tower
- enjoy top-notch Cantonese food at Lung King Heen, the world’s first Chinese restaurant to snag three Michelin stars
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore: Central, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.