Hong Kong - Day Trips from Hong Kong (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Hong Kong chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Hong Kong and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include the monasteries of Tsuen Wan, the lively markets of Tai Po, Lamma and the unmissable Big Buddha on Lantau.
- explore volcanic rock formations on a boat tour in Hong Kong Global Geopark
- escape from the crowds of downtown Hong Kong to laid-back, bohemian Lamma
- hop across the border to mainland China to the skyscraping metropolis of Shenzhèn, with its thriving shopping, arts and nightlife scene
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Territories, Outlying Islands, Shenzhèn.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.