Hong Kong - Central District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guide-book.
The minted heart of Asia’s financial hub is crammed with corporate citadels, colonial relics and massive monuments to consumerism. Dynamic day and night, Central and its raucous bed-fellows, Lan Kwai Fong and Soho, are where well-heeled Hong Kongers come to work and play.
- cruise on the iconic green-and-white Star ferries, the midcentury vessels that cross Victoria Harbour all day and into the night
- admire how art and heritage are cleverly celebrated in Tai Kwun, the long-awaited reinven-tion of the old Central Police Station
- get up close and personal with skyscrapers made famous by the big screen, checking out stacks like the Bank of China Tower and HSBC Building.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout