Hong Kong - Aberdeen & South Hong Kong Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Aberdeen & South Hong Kong Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Hong Kong guidebook.
The southern district is not only a showcase of history – Pok Fu Lam has the island’s last sur-viving village – but Aberdeen and Ap Lei Chau are also the homes of Hong Kong’s boat-dwelling fisherfolk and offer wonderful seafood and boat rides.
- watch the goings-on on moored boats along Aberdeen Promenade, then hop on a sampan to cross the typhoon shelter the way it was done decades ago
- gallery-hop, tour a brewery and chill at the latest industrial-chic café in Wong Chuk Hang
- revisit a time in Hong Kong history when French missionaries crossed paths with dairy cowboys and a fire dragon at Béthanie in Pok Fu Lam.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.