Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - West Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Coast chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
There are splendid tramps from one end of this region to the other. While its remoteness and reputation for wet weather puts many trampers off, the West Coast stands as one of New Zealand’s most rewarding tramping destinations.
- traverse native forests, river flats and valleys on the Old Ghost Road Track
- admire an unusual karst landscape on the Inland Pack Track
- follow the Karangarua River to spectacular hot springs on the Welcome Flat Track
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Old Ghost Road Track, Paparoa National Park, Inland Pack Track, Croesus Track, Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Welcome Flat, Towns & Facilities: Westport, Punakaiki, Greymouth, Franz Josef Glacier, Fox Glacier.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.