Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Understand New Zealand & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This chapter contains the New Zealand Today, History, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport and Glossary chapters from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, earthquakes and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet...you name it. Get tips for women travellers and travelling with kids, as well as a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on environmental issues facing New Zealand
- insight into the country’s rich Maori heritage
- full coverage of tramping and hut etiquette
- details on New Zealand’s trees and flowers
Coverage includes: New Zealand Today, History: Making Maori, Enter Europe, Captain James Cook, Making Pakeha, Welfare & Warfare, Land Wars, Better Britons?, Coming In, Coming Out, Environment: The Land, New Zealand Environmental Care Code, Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport and Glossary.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.