No code necessary. See terms.
Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Tongariro, Urewera & Central North Island (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Tongariro, Urewera & Central North Island chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
From the spare, volcanic landscape of Tongariro National Park to the dense, mountainous forests of Te Urewera, the central region of the North Island contains diverse and rewarding tramping terrain.
- tramp past volcanoes on the Tongariro Northern Circuit
- follow a remote river route on the Ruapani Circuit
- explore a lush forest with caves and gorges on the Whirinaki Track
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tongariro National Park, Tongariro Northern Circuit, Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Kaimanawa Forest Park, Umukarikari-Urchin Circuit, Te Urewera National Park, Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk, Ruapani Circuit, Whirinaki Te Pua a Tane Conservation Park, Whirinaki Track, Towns & Facilities: Whakapapa Village, National Park, Turangi, Murupara, Wairoa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.