Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Queen Charlotte & Marlborough (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queen Charlotte & Marlborough chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
The Marlborough Sounds might be most typically a Bacchanalian playground of water fun and wineries – NZ’s largest wine region is here – but it’s also home to one of the country’s most famous tramps: the Queen Charlotte Track.
- find stunning coastal scenery and unusually varied accommodation on the Queen
- Charlotte Track
- explore inviting river pools and mountain options on the Pelorus Track
- enjoy farm hospitality in a beach setting on the Kaikoura Coast Track
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Queen Charlotte Track, Pelorus Track, Kaikoura Coast Track, Towns & Facilities: Picton, Kaikoura.
You are viewing a Walking guideWhat is a Walking guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring the highest mountains or hills, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular places. Look no further for understanding and experiencing these majestic places and the people who call them home.
- Inspirational images and contour trail maps
- detailed trail coverage and recommendations from our expert authors
- packing checklist
- top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip