Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Queen Charlotte & Marlborough (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queen Charlotte & Marlborough chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
The Marlborough Sounds are a popular playground for lovers of the great outdoors. A convoluted maze of waterways, its reaches are lined with trails from beach to peak, crossing and following ridges with wondrous views.
- treat yourself to beautiful coastal scenery on the Queen Charlotte Track
- explore a sheltered shoreline on the Nydia Track
- follow the Pacific Coast by day and stay at farms by night on the Kaikoura Coast Track
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Queen Charlotte Track, Nydia Track, Pelorus Track, Kaikoura Coast Track, Towns & Facilities: Picton, Havelock, Kaikoura.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.