*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to New Zealand, New Zealand’s Nine Great Walks, Need to Know, If You Like, Itineraries, Outdoor Pursuits, New Zealand’s Birds, Safety in the Outdoors, Clothing, Equipment & Food and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
Your New Zealand tramping adventure starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your journey: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on tramping equipment and safety.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about navigation equipment
- user-friendly overview ensures you won't miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to New Zealand, New Zealand’s Nine Great Walks, Need to Know, If You Like: Volcanoes, Wildlife, Camping, Climbs, Rivers, Mountain Passes, Beaches & Bays, Waterfalls, History, Loop Walks, Mountain Biking, Itineraries, Outdoor Pursuits: Bird-Watching, Fishing, Horse Trekking, Kayaking, Marine Mammal–Watching, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Scuba Diving, Skiing & Skateboarding, Extreme Sports, Surfing, White-Water Rafting & Canoeing, New Zealand’s Birds, Safety in the Outdoors: Trip Planning, Navigation, Navigation Equipment, Watch the Weather, From One Extreme to the Other, River Crossings, Emergencies, Rescue & Communication, First Aid, Clothing, Equipment & Food: Clothing, Equipment, Buying & Hiring Locally, Food, Water and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.