Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Northland, Auckland & Coromandel (PDF Chapter)
Northland, Auckland & Coromandel
This is the Northland, Auckland & Coromandel chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
Spiked with capes, peninsulas and bays, New Zealand’s long northern arm sits far from any of the country’s Great Walks, yet there’s ample here to entice trampers.
- round New Zealand’s beach-lined northern tip on the Te Paki Coastal Track
- scale a volcanic island on the Rangitoto Island Loop
- hike to sharp-tipped pinnacles and kauri logging relics on the Kauaeranga Kauri Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Te Paki Coastal Track, Cape Brett Track, Rangitoto Island Loop, Aotea Track, Coromandel Walkway, Kauaeranga Kauri Trail, Karangahake Gorge, Towns & Facilities: Auckland, Kaitaia, Russell, Whangarei, Thames.
You are viewing a Walking guideWhat is a Walking guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring the highest mountains or hills, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular places. Look no further for understanding and experiencing these majestic places and the people who call them home.
- Inspirational images and contour trail maps
- detailed trail coverage and recommendations from our expert authors
- packing checklist
- top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.