Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Mt Aspiring National Park & Around Queenstown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mt Aspiring National Park & Around Queenstown chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
Mt Aspiring National Park is a fitting end to New Zealand’s Southern Alps. It has wide valleys with secluded flats, more than 100 glaciers, and mountain ranges with peaks higher than 2700m.
- explore one of New Zealand’s best alpine crossings on the Routeburn Track
- enjoy moderate tramping and excellent fishing on the Greenstone Caples Track
- savour superb views and scenic beech-forested valleys on the Gillespie Pass Circuit
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Routeburn Track, Greenstone Caples Track, Mavora–Greenstone Walkway, Rees-Dart Track, Matukituki Valley Tracks, Gillespie Pass Circuit, Towns & Facilities: Queenstown, Glenorchy, Wanaka.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.