Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand - Abel Tasman, Kahurangi & Nelson Lakes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Abel Tasman, Kahurangi & Nelson Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand guidebook.
The Nelson region is a trampers’ paradise, offering a mind-blowing diversity of landscapes and experiences, from swimming in golden coves to traversing a plateau strewn with ancient rock formations, or exploring alpine peaks and passes with views as far as the eye can see.
- explore a series of beautiful beaches and bays on the Abel Tasman Coast Track
- follow in historic footsteps through varied scenery on the Heaphy Track
- climb a challenging alpine pass on the picturesque Lake Angelus Track
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Abel Tasman National Park, Abel Tasman Coast Track, Kahurangi National Park, Heaphy Track, Wangapeka Track, Tableland Circuit, Nelson Lakes National Park, Lake Angelus Track, Travers-Sabine Circuit, St Arnaud Range Track, Towns & Facilities: Nelson, Motueka, Marahau, Takaka, Karamea, St Arnaud.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.