Hawai'i the Big Island - Puna (PDF Chapter)
Hawaiʻi’s eastern corner is a challenging place to live. Often drenched by rain, occasionally scorched by lava, and somewhat disconnected from the rest of the island, Puna attracts a unique assortment of free-spirited characters who enjoy living on the edge.
- be hypnotized by Pele’s awesome power as she creates the Earth before your very eyes with hot volcanic lava
- chase schools of fish through Kapoho Tide Pools’ endless maze of ponds and pools
- meet Puna’s cast of characters at Uncle Robert’s Wednesday Night Market, a weekly festi-val of food, friends and fine music
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Scenic Views, Keaʻau, Pahoa, Red Road, Ka-lapana Area, Kapoho Area.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.