Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Hawai'i the Big Island - Kohala & Waimea (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
South Kohala is the archetypal sun-and-sea resort mecca. From Waikoloa to Kawaihae, Ha-waiian history is preserved in ancient trails, heiau (temples), fishponds and petroglyphs. North Kohala is lushly otherworldly, with magnificent pastureland, quaint plantation towns and Pololu Valley’s cascading cliffs.
- potter around the quirky little town of Hawi
- drive over Kohala Mountain Road, one of the state’s most beautiful roads
- make the trek to the ancient Hawaiian temple of Mo‘okini Heiau
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Activities with Kids, South Kohala, Waikoloa Resort Area, Waikoloa Village, Mauna Lani Resort Area, Puako, Mauna Kea Resort Area, Ka-waihae & Around, North Kohala, Hawi & Around, Akoni Pule Highway, Kapaʻau, Kohala Moun-tain Road, Pololu Valley, Waimea (Kamuela).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.