*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Hawai'i the Big Island - Kailua-Kona & the Kona Coast (PDF Chapter)
Kailua-Kona is the urban heart of the west side, although you’re free to place air quotes around ‘urban.’ Here you’ll find tour offices, shopping centers and some very fine restaurants. Up the mountain, Holualoa is a breezy artists’ enclave.
- plunge into the water with an otherworldly cast of angelic manta rays on a night dive
- hike from the highway or kayak to the cliffs in Kealakekua Bay
- dip into the coral canyons and multicolored reef panorama of Two-Step
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Activities with Kids, Kailua-Kona & Around, Keauhou Resort Area, Holualoa, South Kona Coast, Honalo, Kainaliu, Kealakekua, Captain Cook, Kealakekua Bay, Honaunau, Pu?uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, Ho?okena & Around, Miloli?i, North Kona Coast, Honokohau Harbor, Keahole Point, Ka?upulehu.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.