Hawai'i the Big Island - Hawai'I Volcanoes National Park (PDF Chapter)
From the often-snowy summit of Mauna Loa, the world’s most massive volcano, to the boiling coast where lava pours into the sea, Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park is a microcontinent of thriving rainforests, volcano-induced deserts, mountain meadows, and geological marvels.
- look into the glowing heart of the earth at Halemaʻumaʻu Viewpoint and pay respects to Pele
- summit the sculpted rock flanks of Mauna Loa Trail, the world’s largest above-water volca-no
- imagine the roiling chaotic waves of lava that flooded the crater floor of Kilauea Iki Trail not too long ago
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Volcanic Resources, Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park, Volcano.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.