*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Hawai'i the Big Island - Hamakua Coast (PDF Chapter)
Stretching from Waipiʻo Valley to Hilo, the Hamakua Coast combines rugged beauty and bursting fertility. Here you’ll find rocky shores and pounding surf, tropical rainforests and thun-derous waterfalls.
- struggle down the steep road to Waipi‘o’s black-sand beach on the Waipi‘o Valley Hike
- view fascinating artifacts from the days when sugar was king at Hawaii Plantation Museum
- shop for locally grown items at Hamakua Harvest Farmers Market in neighborly Honoka‘a
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Farm Tours, Honokaʻa, Waipiʻo Valley, Laupa-hoehoe, Hakalau & Around, Honomu, Pepe‘ekeo to Papaikou.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.