Guatemala - Understand Guatemala and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Guatemala Today, History, Guatemalan Way of Life, Maya Heritage, Arts & Architecture, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Guatemala guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, Maya heritage and landscapes to flights, pub-lic transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the myriad wildlife and landscapes of Guatemala
- info on Maya culture, from ancient pyramids to 21st-century practices
- full coverage of Guatemala’s history and current affairs
- details on the big arts and architecture impact of this little country
Coverage includes: Guatemala Today, History, Guatemalan Way of Life, Maya Heritage, Arts & Architecture, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Lan-guage.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.