Guatemala - The Pacific Slope (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pacific Slope chapter from Lonely Planet’s Guatemala guidebook.
Separated from the highlands by a chain of volcanoes, the flatlands that run down to the Pa-cific are universally known as La Costa. It’s a sultry region – hot and wet or hot and dry, depending on the time of year
- investigate the bridge in history between the Olmec and the Maya while strolling grassy Parque Arqueológico Takalik Abaj
- catch the surf in up-and-coming El Paredón
- spot wildlife among the mangrove-lined canal and lagoons in Biotopo Monterrico-Hawaii
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tilapita, Coatepeque, Retalhuleu & Around, Champerico, Tulate, Santa Lucía Cotzumalguapa, La Democracia, El Paredón, Escuintla, Iztapa, Monterrico, Cuilapa, Lago de Amatitlán.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.