Guatemala - Guatemala City (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guatemala City chapter from Lonely Planet’s Guatemala guide-book.
Depending on who you talk to, Guatemala City (or Guate as it’s known) is either big, dirty, dangerous and utterly forgettable, or big, dirty, dangerous and utterly fascinating. Either way, there’s no doubt there’s an energy here unlike anywhere else in Guatemala.
- visit the surprisingly leafy and animal-friendly Aurora Zoo
- head straight for the rejuvenated Zona 1 for the best night out on the town
- be oddly mesmerized by Mapa en Relieve, a 3D representation of the country – part engi-neering marvel, part tourist curio
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.