Guatemala - Antigua (PDF Chapter)
This is the Antigua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Guatemala guidebook.
Antigua’s beguiling beauty starts to seduce the moment you arrive. Once capital of Guatemala, its streetscapes of pastel facades unfold beneath the gaze of three volcanoes, and beautifully re-stored colonial buildings sit next to picturesque ruins in park-like surroundings.
- resurrect your high-school Spanish at such highly regarded language schools as Proyecto Lingüístico Francisco Marroquín
- witness scattered slabs of masonry, such as at Catedral de Santiago, that display mute evi-dence of Antigua’s quake-ridden history
- admire and acquire traditional Maya wear at seminal Casa del Tejido Antiguora
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Antigua, Jocotenango, Ciudad Vieja & Around, San Cristóbal El Alto, San Juan Comalapa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.